Thursday, November 03, 2005

The Deathtrap, November 3rd

I used a new method of playlist-programming this week: I shuffled my iPod and skipped through it, to see what interesting songs it might provide. Much of thuse week's show resulted.

Songs in bold are Deathtrap debuts, albums I've never played before.

Go to this show's iMix on the iTunes Music Store to sample or buy these songs.
  • Say Anything "Admit It!"
  • The Most Serene Republic "(Oh)God"
  • Cake "Let Me Go (Live)"
  • Self "Dead Man" (recorded entirely on toy instruments)
  • Ugly Duckling "A Little Samba"
  • The Dresden Dolls "Good Day"
  • Rasputina "Wish You Were Here"
  • string tribute to Bjork "Bachelorette"
  • The Noisettes "Don't Give Up"
  • Asylum Street Spankers "Whatever"
  • The Format "Tie The Rope"
  • The Weakerthans "Uncorrected Proofs"
  • Les Ogres De Barback "Le CafĂ© Du Canal"
  • Mount Eerie "The Intimacy of the World With The World"
  • Korea Girl "Reunion"
  • Jack's Mannequin "I'm Ready"
  • Devotcha "Such A Lovely Thing"
  • Balkan Beat Box "La Bush Resistance"
    (A set of songs from Melbourne; 1 from a fairly normal artist, three from frickin' weird artists)
  • New Buffalo "Inside" (pretty normal)
  • Architecture in Helsinki "Where You've Been Hiding" (weird)
  • The Avalanches "Different Feeling, A" (weirder)
  • Curse ov Dialect "Upside Down Frowns" (weirdest)
  • Halloween, Alaska "You and Me Both"
  • Mirah "You've Gone Away Enough"
  • Matt Hopper "I've Got You Covered"
  • Mike Doughty "Looks"
  • The Magnetic Fields "I Think I Need A New Heart"
  • Tipsy "Wig Out (Seksu Roba)"
  • Kitty In The Tree "C'mon"
  • The Impossibles "Oxygen"
  • Cold Cut "More Beats & Pieces Pt. II"

2 Comments:

Blogger Ddot the King said...

I'd love to be a regular on your show...although I'm not into indie music I am quite entertaining. LOL...anyway i'll be back and offer up some songs for you..underground hip hop counts right?!

Thursday, November 03, 2005 12:21:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hahaha, that was hot. Thanks for the dedication, dear.

"La la la...it's only natural...la la...more words I don't know but a catchy tune..."

Thursday, November 03, 2005 4:10:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home